Tuesday, November 5, 2019

The Death of the Ball Turret Gunner



This poem was so difficult to grasp out at first. I admit that I did not know what a Ball Turret was which made my understanding of the poem a bit difficult. After I did my research, I got more insights on what the poem really meant.

In the beginning, the author explains how he was separated from his mom in order to serve to the states (Air force). He also describes how dangerous it was to be placed in the ball turret (that glass bubble of a bomber aircraft). The author explains that being in that specific place does not guarantee whether you will survive or not. The ball turret gunners are with nothing else but a gun. They are ready to fight the enemies and to kill whoever is around them to survive. At the end, if the ball turret gunner dies, it is just replaced by another one, and everything continues being the same.


I believe this poem may be really sad for many people because of the meaning it has. It provides information about the hardships people in the Arm forces go through which will make it hard to read for those who relate to it.





No comments:

Post a Comment

 DHDHDSHDH